If you have a busy schedule and struggle to hold down a typical 9-5 gig, there are many other ways you can earn an income without the commitment of a full-time job.
And if you already have a job but you’re looking for ways to make some extra cash on the side, let me introduce you to a list of easy side hustles 💵
📦 EARN UP TO $400 A MONTH BY STORING OTHER PEOPLE’S STUFF
If you’ve got some extra space you’re not using, you could totally rent it out. It’s a pretty easy way to make some cash… and you don’t even really need to do much. Just sit back, relax, and wait for that sweet pay check.
Neighbor lets you rent out your storage space, no matter what size. It’s pretty much an Airbnb for storage. Cute.
It’s a much more affordable option for those needing a place to keep their stuff so if you do have an unused driveway or space in the garage, you could earn a decent amount of money.
SO, HOW DOES NEIGHBOR WORK?
- The company charges a 4.9% processing fee and $0.30 for every reservation
- $1,000,000 host liability protection
- Payments are automatically deposited into your account each month, and Neighbor says they’ll cover the cost if your renter doesn’t pay up (rude)
Plus, it only takes a few minutes to sign-up.
🐕 DOG WALKING AND PET SITTING JOBS
Dog walking and pet sitting jobs are cute and easy ways you can make some cash.
You’ll literally be getting paid for walking and cuddling cute animals. And if you’re ever feeling a bit low and need some comfort, studies show that spending time with animals can help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression 💙🐈
HOW MUCH COULD I EARN?
HomeGuide says dog walkers can expect to get paid an average of $20 per 30-minute walk with prices ranging between $10 and $35.
So, for example *gets calculator out*, if you were to do five 30-minute walks per week, you could potentially make up to $175.
You can set your own rates with Wag! and you’ll receive 100% of your pay and tips.
You’ll be able to view the total cost of the service before finalizing your booking. And you should receive your pay on Friday's for all the walking and sitting you completed the week before 🤌
🐶 Wag! – the sign-up process takes around 14 days as you’ll need to undergo a background check before you’re accepted as a ‘Pet Caregiver.’
Background checks include things like employment, education, criminal record, credit history, motor vehicle, and license record checks.
You’ll just need to make sure you’ve got a valid Driver’s License, State Issued ID, US Passport, or Permanent Resident Card.
Wag! has an ‘average’ rating of 3.7/5 on Trustpilot.
🐶 Rover – there are many services you can offer via Rover, including dog walking (easy to fit around your schedule), doggy day care (ideal for those work-from-home pooch lovers), house sitting, and drop-in visits (stay with or check up on pets in their own homes).
HOW IT WORKS:
- Set your own schedule and you decide how much to charge
- Offer any combination of pet services
- Set preferences that work for you
Rover has an ‘excellent’ rating of 4.6/5 on Trustpilot.
🐶 DogVacay – it’s rated the nation’s largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers
Signing up is pretty straight forward. Create your profile, and then tell DogVacay the types of pets you’d like to care for and the dates that suit you. It’s super flexible, and we’re here for it ✨
✅ Every service you offer is backed by the Rover Guarantee
✅ Safe and secure online payments
✅ Support team available 24/7
✅ Pet care education available for sitters (for tips on how to stroke a cat without a trip to hospital)
And finally, DogVacay also has an ‘excellent’ rating of 4.8/5 on Trustpilot.
🗒️ ONLINE SURVEYS
Ya’ll must know by now Cleo loves a paid online survey.
If you’re someone who’s looking for work from home side hustles, this one’s for you.
Now we know a few online survey jobs here and there isn’t exactly gonna get you the house of your dreams. It’s also not gonna get you financial freedom overnight, so it’s best to think of it as more as a side hustle – extra money you can use for brunch dates 🥗
We checked Trustpilot, and the below survey sites are rated at least 4/5 stars – and we’ve listed them in terms of popularity. You’re welcome 💫
- Branded Surveys – take part in surveys and get reward payouts via points. When signing up, you'll be asked some information about yourself – you'll then be sent surveys which match your individual profile. This is more of a slow drip, but you'll get paid via gift card rewards or directly to your PayPal.
- Swagbucks – do stuff you do anyway like search and watch vids, but get some cash for doing it. Redeem your earnings for free Amazon gift cards and other popular retailers. Check out Swagbucks guide on how to earn your first $50 (also pays through PayPal). You can download the Swagbucks app here.
- User Testing – get up to $120 for testing stuff like apps and websites, but you’ll need to give them the time (120mins). You'll need to spend around 15-20 minutes to sign up for a free account, then you're good to start making some bucks. And just to keep it consistent, User Testing also pays via PayPal.
🏠 HOUSE SITTING JOBS
Care.com helps you find flexible gigs that pay around $25 on average. But if you’re an experienced house sitter and you’re living in a large city, you might be able to charge more. Yaaas.
And it’s not just house sitting jobs, people often need help with the below services:
- Child care
- Senior care
- Pet care
And if you have a lot of free time, you might wanna opt-in for running errands like helping set up for parties (free cake), general everyday tasks, personal assistants, and home managers. These types of jobs typically range from $10-$50 per hour.
📷 RENT YOUR STUFF
This one’s for those of you who are overly familiar with the feeling of buying expensive clothes for special occasions which shortly after, retire to the back of your closet.
You could be missing a way to make some extra cash – and it’s super easy. Plus, secondhand shopping is totally booming right now as people are feeling the hit of inflation, so they’re actively looking to keep the costs down ♻️
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up for a StyleLend account
- List your items
- Get a rental and approve within 24 hours
- Keep 80% and get paid through Venmo or Paypal
Fat Llama is a marketplace you can use to list items for rent, and it’s a great way to make some money whilst helping others save. If you own expensive items such as a top quality camera, DJ equipment, or a drone, you could make a decent amount as these items are always in demand.
And you don’t need to worry because Fat Llama says there’s a guarantee of up to $30,000 for each item that you rent out.
A couple of important things:
- You’ll need to take photos or a video of your item within 24 hours before it’s picked up for rent (and they must be time stamped)
- If you haven’t received your item back from the renter, you’ll need to let Fat Llama know within 24 hours of the rental end date
Check out Fat Llama’s owner guarantee page for FAQ’s, more info and exclusions.
🧰 RUN ERRANDS
TaskRabbit’s good for finding local jobs which fit into your schedule. And you can be your own boss 💅
If you live in a city or a big town, chances are you’ll see no end of job requests. Winning. 🤑
You can set your own rates and keep 100% of what you charge, plus any tips. You’ll get paid directly through TaskRabbit’s secure payment system.
Categories of work include:
- Cleaning jobs
- Delivery jobs
- Electrical help jobs
- IKEA assembly jobs (because following IKEA instructions is a bit like trying to eat a sandwich on a windy day at the beach… quite frankly, traumatizing)
- Indoor painting jobs
- Garden work and waste removal jobs
So hopefully now you’ve got a few ways to make money without a job. And whilst the money you earn might not exactly break the bank, it should help towards the cost of your bills 🚀
Enjoy this post? Give it a share or send it along to a friend. You never know, it could make a big difference. And of course, if you want to try the best money app in the world for free, just hit this link right here.
Big love. Cleo 💙