There are Plenty of Legit Ways to Earn Cash Fast
If you're in a situation where you need money now, you're not alone. When an unexpected expense arises, it's not uncommon to find yourself in a situation where you need money now.
Whether it’s a car repair, a medical bill, or an emergency home repair, there are times when you might be wondering how to get cash fast. Fortunately, there are legit ways to earn some extra money just by selling stuff you no longer need or working from home or using the web.
In this article, we'll run through some of the most effective ways. 💡
Raid your Closet and Sell Unwanted Stuff
If your closet has ever burst open, it’s a sign you have way too much stuff. It could be time to turn that clutter into some cash. 💸
Selling clothes is one of the easiest side hustles to take on if you need money now. And it’s quite straight forward.
Gather all the clothes you no longer wear and advertise them on websites like eBay, Poshmark, and Depop.
Vinted is also a great website to use. And you can spare the brain power as you don’t need to worry about calculating the shipping costs – it’s all done for you.💡
Sweet of them.
Get your Side Hustle on
Starting a side hustle could be the perfect solution for you. Not only can it help you if you need money now, but it can also be a fun and rewarding way to explore your passions and interests.
Here’s a list of some ideas to help you get started:
📦 Earn up to $400 Per Month by Storing Other People’s Stuff
Got some extra space you’re not using? You should totally rent it out.
It’s an easy way to make some cash. Just sit back, relax, and wait for that sweet pay check to hit your account.
Summer vacation anyone?
Neighbor lets you rent out your storage space, no matter what size. It’s pretty much an Airbnb for storage. Aww, cute.
A few things to note:
- There’s a 4.9% processing fee and $0.30 for each reservation.
- $1,000,000 host liability protection (that’s a lotta money).
- Payments are automatically deposited into your account, and Neighbor says they’ll cover the cost if your renter doesn’t show up.
🐕 Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Jobs
HomeGuide says dog walkers can expect to get paid an average of $20 per 30-minute walk with prices ranging between $10 and $35.
So, for example gets calculator out, if you were to do five 30-minute walks per week, you could potentially make up to $175.
You can set your own rates with Wag! and you’ll receive 100% of your pay and tips.
Popular platforms include:
🧰 Run Errands on TaskRabbit
If you’re looking for local jobs which fit into your schedule, TaskRabbit’s a good shout.
And you can be your own boss. 💅
You can set your own rates and keep 100% of what you charge, plus any tips. You’ll get paid directly through TaskRabbit’s secure payment system.
The categories of work include:
- Electrical help
- Garden work and waste removal services
There are tons of freelance side hustles you can pursue to earn some extra cash on the side.
Online marketplace, Fiverr, is a great place to start. It helps helps connect businesses and individuals and operates on a gig-based system. 🙌
PSA: If you need money now, freelance work is a bit of a longer process. But it’s worth it.
Here’s a list of some of the most common freelance jobs:
- Content writing: Offer your writing services to businesses, blogs, and websites that need content for their platforms.
- Graphic design: If you have a knack for design, you can offer your services to businesses and individuals who need logos, banners, social media posts, and other design work.
- Virtual assistance: Assist busy entrepreneurs and professionals by managing their emails, calendars, and administrative tasks remotely.
- Photography: Passion for photography? You could offer your services to individuals and businesses for events, product photography, and more.
- Web development: If you have experience in web development, you can offer your services to businesses that need websites built or updated.
- Social media management: You can manage social media accounts for businesses and individuals, helping them to grow their online presence and engagement.
- Online tutoring: You can tutor students online in various subjects or offer language classes to those who want to learn a new language.
- Copy editing and proofreading: You can offer your services to writers, businesses, and publishers who need their content reviewed and edited.
- Video editing: You could help individuals, businesses, and content creators who need their videos edited for YouTube, social media, or other platforms.
For tips on how to get started, here’s How to Make Money on Fiverr.
Go get it 💸
Cash Advance Apps
A cash advance can get you small amounts of money. It’s often used as a way to cover unexpected expenses or to bridge the gap between paychecks.
But it’s good practice to only request a cash advance when you need help covering important bills.
Brunch dates don’t count.
A cash advance is typically issued by a bank, credit card issuer, or other financial institutions like money apps (Cleo, Dave, Chime, etc).
Cash advance apps you could try:
1) Cleo 💙 The Gig Worker Cash Advance App 💙
We’ve put Cleo first because she’s the ultimate gig worker cash advance app.
Other cash advance apps may require a specific income, but not Cleo 💖
Cleo’s cash advance* is interest free and there’s no credit checks.
💸 Maximum amount: $250
🪙 Fees: $5.99 monthly subscription
🏦 Repayment: It’s up to you when you want to repay
🔎 Credit check: No
📈 Interest: Hell no
If eligible, you could get a cash advance of up to $200 to help you with bills until your next payday.
And unlike other financial institutions (you know who you are), if you find yourself struggling to make the payment back on time, you won't be charged any interest or late fees.
💸 Maximum amount: $200
🪙 Fees: $3.99
🏦 Repayment: Your next payday
🔎 Credit check: No
📈 Interest: No
You’ve made it to the end of the blog, well done.
Whether you end up selling items you no longer need, start a side hustle, or consider a cash advance, always weigh the pros and cons of each option before making a decision.
Ideally, it would be great to get to a place where you can break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck. 💙
And how do you make that happen?
The ‘B’ word.
Budgeting. The word we all love to hear.
If you’re looking for help with budgeting, you can make a free personalized plan with Cleo.
All you need to do is answer a few questions around your income and bills in the Cleo app and you’ll then be able to set a realistic spend limit and start saving.
Yeah, baby 🚀
Check out How to Make a Budget With Cleo for some handy tips.
Enjoy this post? Give it a share or send it along to a friend. You never know, it could make a big difference.
Big love. Cleo 💙
*Cleo Plus is our subscription service, which offers eligible users cashback on your money, information on your credit score, and access to cash advances (“Cash Advance”). Advance amounts will vary based on eligibility. If you don’t want to subscribe, you can also apply for cash advance by contacting our customer service at email@example.com. To learn more about eligibility, repayment, and overall terms, please visit: meetcleo.com/terms.